Consider these scary statistics(in descending order) – drum-roll, please!
- 95% of a typical workforce doesn’t understand its organization’s strategy.
- 90% of organizations fail to execute their strategies successfully.
- 86% of executive teams spend less than one hour per month discussing strategy.
- 75% of business improvement (change) initiatives to solve these problems fail due to lack of sustainability.
- 79% consider formal strategic planning process as important yet only 45% satisfied with the process.
- 60% of organizations don’t link strategy to budgeting.
- 40% of workers admit they don’t understand the connection between their activities and organizational goals.
- Only 3% of executives think their company is very successful at executing its strategies, while 62% think they’re only moderately successful, or worse.
So, what’s going to make performance management different in 2017? Consider these encouraging observations:
- The traditional annual review in HR is being replaced with cloud-based software that enables a better approach to performance management: continuous coaching and feedback, regular check-ins, and agile, more frequent goal-setting.
- Over 90% of workers say they’d work harder if their co-workers could see their goals (transparency and accountability at work!)
While the revolution in performance management software is still in its early stages, the experts and analysts who cover the HR and HCM markets predict it will be one of the big trends in 2017.
The good news? Six Disciplines® is already ahead of the curve.
Performance management software and coaching from Six Disciplines offers your mid-organization an integrated suite of web-based, mobile apps, which support and encourage continuous feedback, productive one-on-one conversations, weekly, quarterly and annual check-ins, productive meetings, goals management, and more importantly, plans management across your entire organization.
Six Disciplines enables performance management and coaching to be both team AND employee-driven. Our approach drives engagement, personal motivation, and ultimately improves organizational productivity with more consistent execution of your strategy.
It’s time to say goodbye to 2016, and hello to the new year with a more productive perspective on performance management – with Six Disciplines